Running on Zwift is easy! Here's a list of what you'll need:
- A supported device (PC, Mac, iOS device, or Apple TV*) for the Zwift app
- Footpod, connected shoe, or smart treadmill
- If you're using ANT+ sensors on Mac/PC/iOS, you'll need an ANT+ receiver
- Heart rate monitor (optional)
*see this article for updates on Android support
How does it work?
As you run on your treadmill, your footpod, shoe, or treadmill itself sends your run speed to your device via ANT+/BLE. Zwift then connects over the Internet to let you run with other Zwifters around the world!
What gear do I need?
Treadmill and Sensors
The first step is determining whether you're going to be running with a smart or regular treadmill. If you're using a smart treadmill, you don't need anything else. If you're using a regular treadmill, or if you're looking for a higher level of accuracy, you'll want a footpod or connected shoe.
See our list of supported equipment for more information.
If you have a treadmill and just need a footpod to start running, pick up a Stryd Live*! We've partnered with them to make getting started easier than ever.
*This is a limited Zwift promo version. Quantities may be limited.
Supported Device for the Zwift app
If you're using a computer, keep in mind that Zwift relies more on the graphics capability of your computer (your GPU) than anything else. If you have a PC or Mac built within the last three years, it should run Zwift without too much trouble.
Our minimum computer requirements on our website.
Zwift also works on iOS: any newer iOS device (with an A7 or higher CPU) will work. The full list of compatible devices is in the sidebar on the App Store download page.
Apple TV 4th Generation+ is also supported.
ANT+/BLE Bridge or Receiver
If you're on a PC or Mac, you may need a bridge to translate the ANT+ or BLE signal to your computer.
- If you're using ANT+, you'll need an ANT+ USB dongle.
- If you're on a PC using BLE, you'll use the Zwift Companion app.
- If you're on a Mac, you can either use the Companion app as a bridge or connect via native BLE.
If you're on an iOS device, you can connect via BLE or ANT+ (with an adapter):
- If you're using BLE, you'll connect via native BLE.
- The Viiiiva heartrate monitor also works as an ANT+ bridge.
- The NPE CABLE is another ANT+ bridge alternative.
Starting Your First Run
Once you've got your Zwift station set up, you're ready to run! See our guide for starting a run in Zwift for the next step to beginning your Zwift journey.