When you try to log in, you may receive this error message: "Check your Internet connection."
There's a few reasons this can happen:
- Your Internet connection is down
- Zwift can't connect to our servers through your Internet connection
- Your account has a temporary password that needs to be changed
- Our servers are down (check the announcements forum)
Initial troubleshooting steps
If you see this message, confirm your Internet connection with a web browser or other program/service that uses the same connection you're using for Zwift.
The next step varies depending on whether you're been able to connect to Zwift in the past using that Internet connection and whether anything related to your Internet connection has changed.
I've never been able to connect/my network changed recently
If you've never been able to connect Zwift over the Internet connection you're using, or you've changed something on your network, here's the things to be aware of:
- If you have a VPN or proxy, turn this off as it can block your connection to our servers.
- Check your firewall. You may need to make an exception for Zwift to connect, especially if you're behind an enterprise-strength firewall.
- If you're connecting through a router, try restarting your router - and if that doesn't help, try plugging in directly to your modem. Your modem and/or router could also have a firewall that's preventing you from connecting to our servers.
- Your router firewall should allow all incoming/outgoing Zwift TCP traffic on ports 80 and 443 and all Zwift incoming UDP traffic on port 3022.
I've been able to connect in the past
If you've been able to connect to Zwift in the past and nothing related to your connection has changed, the problem could still be related to your network, but it also increases the odds that the problem is related to our servers or your account.
First, try restarting your router and your computer - and after you restart, verify that you can navigate to other websites through your Internet browser. You can even kill two birds with one stone by checking our announcements section to see if there's a Zwift server outage. If so, there will likely be an announcement on our Support Hub.
If there's no post, the next place to check is your Zwift Dashboard, especially if you've been working with our support team and they've had to modify your account. You can check on your dashboard to see if you need to reset your password.
None of these steps worked. :(
If you're still unable to log in, the problem could be an unreported server outage, a problem specific to your computer setup, or something related to your account. In all of these cases, you should contact our support team for further assistance.