Setting up a Computrainer is different from other trainers because there's no ANT+ signal involved: everything is done directly through USB. Here's how to connect your Computrainer to Zwift.
NOTE: In order to pair your Computrainer with Zwift, you will need an FTDI USB to Stereo adapter; older adapters will not work. You can identify the kind of adapter that you have on Racermate’s website if you’re unsure of which kind you have.
You do not need an ANT+ dongle to pair a Computrainer with Zwift.
- Download the appropriate Computrainer driver for your computer:
- If you haven’t calibrated your Computrainer yet, follow the instructions in your Computrainer manual. You can find a copy of the Computrainer manual on Racermate’s website.
- Plug your Computrainer into an open USB port on your computer using the FTDI USB to Stereo adapter.
- From the Power and Controllable Trainer section on the Paired Devices, select Search. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Your Computrainer should appear on the pop-up menu. Confirm that it’s selected and click OK to close the Searching menu.
Problem: Zwift doesn't recognize my Computrainer.
- Close all other cycling programs, especially Racermate and Suunto software.
- Zwift is not compatible with ctANT+ drivers. They block Zwift from detecting your trainer.
- Make sure the cables are plugged into the correct ports on the head unit.
- Try changing your COM port to a number < 10 (Windows only).
- Check the version number of your head unit (unplug the power cord, plug it back in). We've received multiple reports that ver. 25.33 doesn't connect. In this case, you may need to upgrade your head unit chip. Instructions are on Racermate's website.
- If you're on a Mac and your Computrainer worked before upgrading your OS, it's possible the driver is not experiencing conflicts. In order to fix this, uninstall/delete all the driver files from the FTDI website, then run this command in Terminal to restart the Apple-provided driver: sudo kextload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTD
- If none of these work, please open a ticket at http://bit.ly/zwiftsupport.
Changing your COM port (Windows):
|1. Press the Windows key, search for "Device Manager," and open it.|
|2. Go to your "Ports" section, and find your Computrainer. Select "Properties."|
|3. Choose the "Port Settings" tab and select "Advanced."|
|4. You should now see a drop-down menu with the option to select a different COM port.|