If you have a new Wahoo KICKR, begin by setting up your KICKR using the steps provided on the Wahoo KICKR Information and Setup page. We recommend that you update and calibrate your KICKR using the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android before connecting to Zwift for the smoothest experience possible.
Calibrating your KICKR
Apple Mobile Devices:
- On your Apple device, open the AppStore and download the "Wahoo Utility" app made by Wahoo Fitness. As of the time this is being written, the app is free!
- Once the Wahoo Utility is downloaded, open it and choose "Test Bluetooth 4.0 Sensors."
- Choose "KICKR."
- Once the utility has found your KICKR, select it, and press "Init Spindown."
Android Mobile Devices:
- On your Android device, open the Play Store and download the Wahoo Utility app made by Wahoo Fitness. As of the time this is being written, the app is free!
- Once the Wahoo Utility is downloaded, open it.
- If your Bluetooth connection is not on, the app will ask to turn it on. Allow it to turn on your Bluetooth.
- The utility will begin searching for devices that are nearby. While standing near your KICKR, select it from the menu, and wait for it to connect.
- Once the utility has connected to your KICKR, select "Start Spindown".
Connecting Your KICKR to Zwift
After updating and calibrating your KICKR, follow these instructions for Starting a Ride in Zwift to pair it with the game. You can connect over ANT+ (requires an ANT+ dongle) or Bluetooth. The KICKR will pair as a smart trainer under the Power and Controllable Trainer categories.
If you're having issues getting your KICKR to work with Zwift, see our troubleshooting article for further help.