If you have a Wahoo KICKR you haven't used before, you'll need to calibrate it in order to use it on Zwift. To make this easy, Wahoo provides an app you can download on your smartphone that will handle the calibration.
Calibrating your KICKR
- On your Apple device, open the AppStore and download the "Wahoo Utility" app made by Wahoo Fitness. As of the time this is being written, the app is free!
- Once the Wahoo Utility is downloaded, open it and choose "Test Bluetooth 4.0 Sensors."
- Choose "KICKR."
- Once the utility has found your KICKR, select it, and press "Init Spindown."
- On your Android device, open the Play Store and download the Wahoo Utility app made by Wahoo Fitness. As of the time this is being written, the app is free!
- Once the Wahoo Utility is downloaded, open it.
- If your Bluetooth connection is not on, the app will ask to turn it on. Allow it to turn on your Bluetooth.
- The utility will begin searching for devices that are nearby. While standing near your KICKR, select it from the menu, and wait for it to connect.
- Once the utility has connected to your KICKR, select "Start Spindown".
After you've calibrated your KICKR, you can follow the instructions for Starting a Ride in Zwift to pair it with the game. If you're having issues getting your KICKR to work with Zwift, see our troubleshooting article for further suggestions.